Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Aero vs. Professionalism

So the question came up; Is being aero still professional? Is aero a lifestyle choice? Or is it just an excuse to have a bad haircut??

I'm going with the latter. Only kidding, for me personally it fits an aero lifestyle, and its super cheap, kinda like me. Actually the shirt I'm wearing today I've hand since high school, seniors 95' in the house...

My day starts at 3:50am, pack the car with clothes, towels, blah.. Make the coffee, hit the road. I'm at 24hr fitness by 5:00am. I have one hour so I make it count. If I'm feeling froggy I can squeeze in 1:07 min of training, but that's pushing it. Get cleaned up, drive downtown, park, and get to my desk by 6:30am... I don't have an extra 5 min to spend on my hair. So my official stance on the age old conflict is that its a lifestyle choice.

Besides, I'm married w/ child (2nd kid due May 19th) and lets face the truth, who am I trying to impress with a haircut. The fact of the matter is that I'm not all that professional anyway. I know you didn't expect that coming, but its true.

How do women deal with the pressures of hair? Its beyond my feeble mind!!! I'll stick to important topics like Brittney Spears acting career and Midget conflicts on Howard Stern. Mental capacity these days is limited, I have to leave room for recalling my PR's and my race schedule at a moments notice.
Speaking of mental limitations vs. the swimming human body. I set my watch for 1:30 interval to pace myself (and help me keep count) then after a short warm up I got it on... Monday I was able to hang on for a full 2100 yards, and always a second or 2 ahead of the clock. It hurt, but nothing is better than racing the clock. Tuesday, not a swim day but I somehow managed to have an extra 25 min of pool time left after a stationary bike workout. So no warm up, I was pretty warm already. Only time for a quick and dirty 1100. I finished the swim with 27 seconds left on the clock. The swim is going well, now if I could just have a couple new knees I'd be golden...
“Men don’t care what’s on TV. They only care what else is on TV.”[Jerry Seinfeld]

1 comment:

Kel and Migs said...

Hair is overrated and Pepto is YUMMAY!!!!