Thursday, April 3, 2008

Training Weekend


The best part of triathlon and feeding the training addiction is how quickly it infects those around you. So just as I am a slave to improving my PR my older brother is getting started and is fully infected with the tri virus.



So, my weekend starts at 4:00 today as I will leave work to deliver the dog (that bit my sons face) that has been a friend of mine since Aug 99'; to my brothers house in Austin. Where he will reside until death or until my brother has children, then at that point we might have to rethink the situation. He has been a great friend to me and I truly hate to see him go. He doesn't understand the ride in the police car, or the night at the SPCA, or the 10 days of quarantine he was released from last night. There isn't a mean bone in his body, I should know, he's been my wing man since he was 6 weeks old. Getting rid of him is an easy decision to make, because we wont take the risk of another bite even if its only in jest. Any permanent damage to the child beyond this point would be negligent. If I was the child, that would be something unforgivable, after all there was a puncture less than an inch from his eye, that could have blinded him in one eye. So my good friend Cooter Brown I wish you a long happy life in Austin, hopefully you be able to befriend my brother as you have done me over the last 8 years.... Insallah Habbab...

On a brighter note: The riding this weekend will be intense, gotta love those Austin hills.. So the bike is staged accordingly on the roof of the car just waiting to be put in the game. "Put me in Coach, I'm ready, I'm ready" it whispers with no expression. "Be patient, your time will come" I reply...




Fridays ride will be spent on the Longhorn 70.3 route


Saturday will be the ATC ride. Read about it below, sounds really cool... Then in the evening LT swim sets.

http://www.austin360.com/news/content/recreation/guides/visit/cyclist.html

Sunday is still up in the air. Most likely it will be spent doing hill repeats. This next month will be spent mostly on the bike and in the pool as my knee is still healing. Running will not become a part of my training again until May 1. I've now been to 2 doctors both say the heavy mile weeks before the marathon is what did me in, because I didn't let it recover properly after the marathon.

The plan is to cycle and swim and not race until June 8th, at the Tejas Tri. Assuming it heals properly.

Even though no one reads this crap that post for the world to see, I wish everyone a wonderful weekend. Happy Training, Good Eats, and may you win the lotto if you have a ticket.. Adieu..

I'm waiting for someone to say this to me about this moronic blog of mine...

“Mr. Madison, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.”[Billy Madison]

2 comments:

Kel and Migs said...

Sorry to hear about the boy and the pooch. I love my son and dog, too. Most of the time it's a toss up between which one I'd send away first....I suppose you made the right decision...

On another note, I am seriously envious of your virus. Migs and I have been infected with cooties, or bird flu, since the middle of Feb.....missed Austin 1/2, Galveston and I'll probably skip out on Buffalo Springs.

This has been an expensive year.

Where's that damn Ambien Man when you need him?!?!?

Ryan said...

You are way nicer than I am.

Ye ole doggy would have taken a nice trip to the vet for the $17 needle.

Sweet dreams puppy!