Sunday, June 8, 2008

Post Race Hoopla...

I have to say... Racing again felt great... nothing measures progress like competition. Long race reports are a drag so I'll keep it short...

Prerace... got to meet some fellow bloggers.. Pink Guru Gal and Kathleen... Great to finally meet you guys.. Kinda weird.. never truly met, but I know a few details of their lives and them mine.. Hopefully one day we can get together for drinks or foolishness without aerobars or goggles...

On with the show..

The swim.. my heat was huge.. Clydes, Athens, u19, and relays.. it sucked.. The first 10 seconds went well then someone turned on the washing machine, and I got beat all to hell. After the initial beating, I got a little pissed.. recovered, however the damage was done. my goal of first out of the water was a pipe dream.. ended up 5th clyde on the swim...

T1... went well... 1:33... a relay swimmer stopped directly in front of me to take off his chip and I was moving too fast to stop... I hollered, got my body around his, picked up the bike but the rear tire didn't quite clear his head... oh well, when the train is coming through get the fu*k out of the way... Riiiight?

The bike.. flat and fast... got passed by one clyde in the first 2 minutes. However I didn't let him out of my view... avg 20.6, still need to work on this... 5th in Clyde on the bike..

T2... :37 seconds.. I had a bad spot for t2 in the transition area, could have been a bit faster, but not much...

The run... had the fastest Clyde run avg 7:40 mile... Each Clyde that got ran down, I made sure when I passed them ( and they saw the "C" on my left calf) I was giving it all I had, so they wouldn't chase. At the finish line there was nothing left.. Despite my best effort I knew in my head there would be no need for waiting for the results. But I did... and... BLAM!!!






I know... its just a sprint, but its my first... 1st place... great reward for my efforts.. Now I want more...

More training... less pacing... more hammering... Maybe, I'll look into moving to Florida to train with Ryan (Mr.Caught on the Run) as he would have put me in my place...


New Objective, Train hard on the bike... Go hard on the bike... I HATE getting passed!!

Maybe lose another 5lbs???

Pace Less Hammer More...


4 comments:

KCWoodhead said...

Congrats on 1st place!! It was great to finally meet you as well!

pinkgurugal said...

you rock tarabay! but if you lose more weight, would you still be a clydesdale??

Tarabay said...

I would have to lose another 15 lbs to be under 200lbs.. Maybe a couple infected tomatoes would get me there... That probably wont happen, so I'll be running with the fat kids until then...

Jane said...

Congrats! I'm not worthy to be in your presence!