Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Retraction, Yes Please...

So, my last blog was posted May 17 and in it I said:

"Tomorrow is the infamous "due date" which is never really the case so I could have registered for the Silverlake Triathlon, but I didn't. Let me rephrase that, I wasn't allowed!!! All hail as the pregnant lady enters the room and blesses the masses with her presence. Then demands that thou not race on the "due date" as it is against GOD... "

Well, I was wrong.. Your saying to yourself, Mike is never wrong! but it happens from time to time... My wife got me up at 3:45am on the 18 (the due date) to tell me she was calling the hospital because her contractions were only 6 minutes apart. Since the hospital is an hour away, we were on the road by 4am. This is my second time to make that drive, and it is on my top ten list of exciting things. It makes me feel so grateful for everything I have.


As we approached the Pearland exit (where Silverlake is), and in between contractions my wife notified me that she had seen what I had posted just a few hours earlier and thought an apology was in order.


I'll skip all the details... Adrian Michael Tarabay was born on his due date. May 18th 2008. 11:52am... A beautiful baby boy weighing 9 lbs 12 Oz's, 21 1/4" long..

5 comments:

Jane said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

pinkgurugal said...

yeah! to parenthood times two!!

KCWoodhead said...

Thats a LOT of hair! Congrats!!!

Jane said...

Hey, can't believe I missed this before, but he is sticking the bird at us? That's my kinda boy!

Tarabay said...

Just wanted to thank everyone for the well wishes... Everyone in the Tarabay household is glad to have him...

Jane, the middle finger thing was not staged. As a result were not starting a college fund, we'll be saving for future bail money...