Thursday, April 17, 2008

Running Hiatus and Vegetarianism

Trying new things has never been something I particularly enjoyed. Typically a change in routine was up there with the wiping of the behind, as its not something that anyone really enjoys but its is most definitely needed. As with every rule there is an exception, a colostomy bag for example would suit this case. Anyway, on with the show...





This month a decision was made for myself not to eat meat... Yes, Vegetarianism hear me roar.. Actually, I'm finding this easier that I had predicted. Now, although there is good reasons for not eating meat such as the obvious, cruelty to animals and the processing of them for consumption. This is not my concern, honestly... I'm doing this for personal reasons, weight loss... For those of you who really get into the Slowtwitch forums, there is a possibility your come across Slowman's Motto





"The trick is to keep losing weight until your friends and family ask you if you've been sick. then you know you're within 10 pounds. if they start whispering to each other, wondering if you've got cancer or aids, you're within 5. when they actually do an intervention, you're at race weight" -





So, high fiber and low fat will continue until, well... I don't know... and since no one reads this I doubt that any bets will be placed on the over/under if I were to set a goal.





Off the subject....





"Next person in line!" how many times a day do we hear this?? anywhere and everywhere!! This is a major pet peeve of mine... If I were the owner or manager of a store/ restaurant/ bank/ gym/ airport facility/ gas station/ etc... and one of my employees didn't make the effort to make eye contact and personally say Ma'am/Sir/whatever "can I help you" I would lose my freaking mind!!! This is what I would like to add to the flag burning addition to the constitution that is trying to get passed... Lets bring back the guillotine (made famous by the sarcastic Marie-Antoinette) or quartering w/ horses for every numbnut that says in a rude, mumbling, mush mouth voice "next person in line" while staring down at their shoes or scratching there unmentionables!!!!





I digress...





Where was I, ah yes.. Since I was diagnosed with a deteriorating knee my running has been substituted with extra cycling and swimming. This will continue until May 1st, or longer if need be. Although, I'm not forgoing Wednesday night softball in the beer league, but I seriously doubt that running a few bases would be considered as "running" in any triathletes dictionary. Besides, is slow pitch softball even a sport?? Humm, excessive drinking is done between inning and although smoking isn't allowed while playing, it can be done. So this in my book constitutes an activity not a sport...

Long story short... No meat this month, no running this month.... 12 more days till freedom...

Baby count down 4 weeks...

I made an effort to attach some pictures of a colostomy bag, a guillotine, and yours truly in a thong, but technical difficulties took over... sorry...

Pace Less Hammer More...




When I black out, it's the happiest time of my life.

Artie Lange

1 comment:

pinkgurugal said...

how long are you going vegan? are you sure you aren't craving a a big slim jim yet?