Friday, January 18, 2008

Last Day for Recovery...

So, today marks the end of marathon training/recovery, and honestly its easy to tuck that phase away in the bottom drawer and forget about it. Not to be redundant, but strictly running isn't my dealeo yo...





The digital camera took a dump last week so the camera phone will help illustrate my thoughts, mainly because my creative writing skills are that of that 3rd grader. Sometimes it amazes me how I managed to make it through college.








Typically work is slow this time of year so I've come up with a training plan based on my studies, (mostly during my down time at the office). My goal is a 5:30hr half Ironman on March 30 in Galveston .




So today will be my final day of Diet Coke, oh my beloved Diet Coke! We have been friends for many years "it's not you.... it's me" Diet Coke has been there for me when I was in need the most. It comforted me when I was feeling insecure, it stimulated my mind when I couldn't focus, and now I'm a slave to it!!!! Well not any more! I'm stronger than the pretty silver can of goodness! And like a garage door, I'm closing this chapter of my life!!!!
Next topic of discussion and also the main purpose for dropping Diet Coke, My Weight. If you'll notice below I'm the big goofy guy in the white shirt with a red hat. I have gained a few pounds over the last few month even while training for the marathon. Is it the love of food or the feeling of a full belly that I cant resist, maybe both.




So over the course of the next 10 weeks I'll make an effort to note what I put in my mouth so as to drop the lbs. I haven't seen 210 on the scale in at least 10 years, so that will be my goal. As most achievements deserve an award I will treat myself to a Diet Coke when that day comes.



Even though my focus will be on speed and increasing my VO2 max I'm sure my kiddo will be getting a few more trips in his g-ride, foshizzle.... Really, I got this jogging stroller for $5.00.... That's it 5 bucks on ebay, no shipping, what a deal. Not to mention the kid loves it but Nicole seems to think he should be wearing a helmet, so I do the "yes, dear" and leave asap, then I just say "oops I forgot" when she catches me later.


This picture has no bearing on anything, I just like the pictures of sleeping kids in car seats. What a life huh...

So if you've made it this far may God bless you for wading through the muck of my blog. This is not one of my best efforts as it is Friday so I'll be starting my weekend in less than an hour. Not that my mind was ever really in the right place its definitely somewhere else right now. I'll start my 1st day of training with a 6 mile run and 3200 yards in the pool while The Crystal Method bangs in my ears (Its the name of the game) and I mumble out of breath... Pace Less, Hammer More....


Have a good weekend....
"It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it."-Sam Levenson




1 comment:

Ryan said...

You know, if you get down to 210 you will start having visions of being one of "those" type people. Once you leave the clydesdale gang you can never come back and will be shunned at any competition. Just remember, we have always accepted you, why do you want to leave us. Switch that diet coke you crave for the real deal, add some rum, and reflect.