Monday, December 17, 2007

Marathon countdown 27 days??

27 days?? WTF!!! I'm beginning to think I made a mistake, maybe my eyes are bigger than my tummy kind of thing... At 220lbs do I have any business running 26 mi., 385 yds at one time? Nevertheless, I'm committed, Jan 13th I'll be out there and I'll do it and no complaining... When I see these guys and gals who not only run the marathon but do it will all the grace and form of a ballet dancer, I turn green with envy. Its so impressive to see a body so well conditioned to not only run the distance but hold a constant pace and finish as strong as they started... I applaud all runners and especially those who lap me. Has anyone seen this? Does anyone read this stupid blog of mine?? Too bad this movie wont be showing before the Houston Marathon, maybe it would motivate me to run/train harder for something I don't enjoy without swimming or running, http://www.marathonmovie.com/home.html....


So along with Marathon Training and Daddy duties, I was able to tackle the mess we call a garage. Someone explain to me how it is possible to accumulate so much cr@p in a short amount of time. A little over a year ago we were able to fit both cars comfortably in the garage, today one car. A year from now at the rate were going we'll be lucky to walk thru the conglomerate of stuff known as a garage. Anyway, I spent a cold morning sorting, organizing, and riding our garage of junk. I had a friend who showed up to help me out, but he just sat there and watched me work, then I caught him digging thru the trash so I asked him to leave...


Now for the good news... Friday, we got out best Christmas gift for the the year... My wife had her 18 week ultrasound which made me the happiest man alive! ANOTHER BOY!!! With all the technology today were told were having a healthy baby with a 4 chambered heart, a developed spine, and a growing body... As we look forward to having 2 boys only 18 months different in age and double the dirty diapers we can also celebrate the gift of life this Christmas... We can also celebrate the over opinionated elders we have in our family that see entirely too much meaning in a name. I still like McLovin...
What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;
Romeo and Juliet Act II, Scene 2

5 comments:

Jane said...

Oh great, I'll make it for th 26 miles, then bite it on the last 385 yards!! BTW, I tagged you for one of those 5 random things about me posts.

Bigun said...

220? That's it? Ha!

Man, I've been fighting with my garage for a week now - I feel ya! I get it sorted and stacked, then clean up another room in the house, putting the junk in the garage...ug. Bad cycle.

Good luck on the long run. Fortunately, I've still got 8 weeks...

Bigun said...

Oh, and for water, I use a Camelback butt pack thingamagig - it holds enough for about 9 miles for me, and then I plan a stop at a park to refil. For shorter runs, I just run by same park for a quick drink.

Kel and Migs said...

I agree with the overly opinionated elders... a name is important. I use to want to name my daughter, if I were to have one, "Madeleine"....until I met a Madeleine. The name became unappealing and unattractive QUICKLY! :) I think mclovin is a goodun, though!

Your dog is handsome.

pinkgurugal said...

omg! congrats...and ya know it's payback..they'll have a wicked sense of humor like you.

oh and on that marathon thing. don't worry. i'm sick and have only done ONE long run. a few years ago i ran 21 the week before the marathon just to make sure i could do it. 7 loops around memorial park is no fun.

you'll be fine.