Friday, December 28, 2007

2007

Overall this has been a great year for me and my family.



We really have nothing to complain about. I've given this last blog on the year a little more thought, but then I remembered that no reads this dumb blog of mine.



OK, here it is...

This year I changed jobs in January, realized I hated my new job, and somehow got my old job back. Thus learning a lesson in patience, contentment, and ambition. It worked out for the best.


We went to a few weddings, birthday parties, anniversaries, and traveled a bit as a family. This includes our Cancun trip we took without our little guy who was only 8 months old! Nicole promised to not call home more than once a day to check in, when it was all said and done I think she tripled that. We learned a lesson there too. Cancun is much more fun when acting like a reckless 20 something not a 1st time parent. I think after the 2nd day she was ready to come home....

Nonetheless, we did some how make it out to Mr Frogs one night. I don't even know this guy!!!



I made a new friend, training partner, and fellow fan of McLovin. I've found for me there is no better motivator than some friendly competition.




So now as we enter 2008, things are getting smaller; such as our house, our bank account, and my window of opportunity for long training days.

2008 tri goals...

I'd like loose a few more lbs, but I'd also like to keep my Clydesdale status.

I'd like to come in under 5:30 in a half Ironman Distance Tri.

hummm.. what else... you know what??? who cares?? I think the best thing is that I stay healthy and hopefully tri's will stay fun, right now I'm really loving the energy is gives me. I don't think I'm a slave to it yet, it could happen in the near future.

Overall a good year and I'm looking forward to what 2008 can dish out.... Have a great New Year, go nuts!!!

It feels like I could go outside with a bikini thong on right now. Puff Daddy

3 comments:

Jane said...

That's a great family photo.

Tarabay said...

Thank You...

Happy New Year..

Hows your training coming along?

pinkgurugal said...

good stuff for 2007...thanks for the kind words for my tv sendoff...did it look obvious i was too eager to get off that set?

training for the marathon? mmm.. i did a 20 miler two weeks ago?