Monday, November 5, 2007

Stop looking at me Swan!

OK please ignore the title. I know nobody reads these things, but I feel a bad quote from a silly movie is in order.

This past week has been good and bad for my training. About a month ago I started sticking with some swim workouts I got online, and from some other reading material. Its true, I would never have believed this! but if there is a smart person that is willing to pass on good information it will benefit me.. What an amazing concept! I should listen to others more often. All that time when I was out playing games and not studying my parents told me I needed to study and not act like a moron. I THOUGHT they were kidding!!!! Then I find out that most people finish college in like 4 or maybe even 5 years.. Humm, Here I was thinking there were all gifted! Why didn't someone tell me that good advice is truly that, good advice!!! Now I know!! Thanks a lot Mom.. Long story short, Next year Clydesdale's beware!!! If you see what appears to be a sinking elephant, don't worry its only me.








And somehow that was the good! The bad is a reality that I'm possible too big and goofy for the long course races. It has now been a month since the half, I'm still limited to running about 3 miles before the pain in my knee sets in. The time is counting down to get back into running before the marathon. I'll give it a few more weeks then I'll consider the half marathon, if its not better by December, I'll post my bib on Craigslist.. Reality is starting to set in that I'm not the 21 year old that I see in the mirror. Not that I really want be him anymore... :) (I'm not 21 in that pic, but its the oldest one I have)
This little guy is forcing me to grow up and feel like an adult. I know that doesn't mean that I cant be athletic, and compete in Tri's, but it does tell me that I need to use a bit more thought when it comes to planning my workouts and my seasons. So I can make it to the next season without injury...

I see that most people close with a deep quote that requires some thought to process, but since no one reads these, I'll quote Tupac

“I don't mean to sound sleazy but tease me I don't want it if it's that easy.”

I'm not sure that what means, might require some self interpretation???

Later,

Mike

1 comment:

pinkgurugal said...

oooh introspection with tupac. maybe it's as simple as HE WANTS ACTION?
and hey i LOVE quotes after each post...it's my thing, my chi, my honor code! and stop saying no one reads...ha! :)