Monday, October 29, 2007

Life as an Adult

Last week I turned 31, Happy Birthday to me. Looking back on the last few years, my life has changed dramatically. Birthdays were celebrated for 7 to 10 days by consuming as much alcohol as humanly possible,(surrounded by everyone from school, work, fraternity, college, etc) and still somehow maintaining a job. A cake with candles was unheard of, but chips, salsa and a margarita to start the night off was mandatory.



Now, Birthdays are celebrated with "the little guy" as the center on attention, even though his birthday isn't until November.




The venue is dictated by the style and cleanliness of high chairs. The invitation list is parents, siblings, and in laws.



Best of all, if the birthday falls in the middle of the week, major honey-do's are NOT overlooked for the following weekend.






Such as re-texturing the walls in the kitchen, or building a privacy fence.

I think its even required that the feeding of the dogs is still mandatory on your birthday.
I know no one reads these things.... Understand that I'm only kidding, I love the way my birthdays are celebrated. Each year I get older my age isn't as important to me as the ages of those that I love. Besides, come next years race season I'll be dragging the family to all my Tri Junket's..

4 comments:

Bigun said...

happy belated birthday. I'm sure the fence came out great.

Liam O'Connell said...

nice blog
and happy birthday
Liam

pinkgurugal said...

hey happy birthday. waaay cute son! and you can still have a margarita! :)

Jane said...

Happy Birthday - see, other people do read this. And your a local fellow tri-guy.