Tuesday, October 16, 2007

possible knee injury



So, I wasn't able to finish strong in the Half Ironman because of some knee issues from a 10 year old problem on my right leg. I tried running with the baby on Sunday, no luck... I made it about a half mile before the pain was too much... I walked it in, however he doesnt care how fast we go as long as he can watch the wheels turn on the jogging stroller...

So then Monday morning at the gym at work I tried the elliptical for the 1st time ever and I wasn't terribly thrill with it.. My HR never got about 140, even after 30 min... anyway, I felt good, so on the treadmill... no luck.. only 1/4 mile before the pain kicked in..


Well, tomorrow is D-day, I'm going to visit an orthopedic Dr.. I'm think it will result in first an MRI then 2nd, a scope of the knee.. Best case I'll be doing none impact for the next month.. which will still give me over 2 month to train for the marathon... This really stinks, because of a football injury in 94' I'm still paying the price.. But, I can still swim with no pain (3200yards Mon, 1400 Tues) (I have some pretty good long workouts if anyone is interested) and keep up with none impact workouts. I haven't tried biking, could be painful. Also, I think I have my brother hooked as he's in the market for a tri-bike. This could give him time to catch up so I don't totally annihilate him in his first race.. Were brothers, we compete.. That's what we do best together...


1 comment:

pinkgurugal said...

welcome to the blog world. i use a chopat strap to keep my good old knees together. i feel your pain.
also if your brother needs a tri bike check out sugar cycles. i promise philip and the guys will hook him up. just tell him pinkgurugal sent ya. :)