Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Nostalgia

The other day, I came across a "picture box" my wife put together for me and started digging. There is no order to the box, and this is the way she found them. Seemed I never got around to making photo albums, so everything ended up in a shoe box. Now that I'm the refined adult standing before you today, my photos are stored in a "photo box"... Meaning, still the same mess, just in a box that was never used for shoes...

Picture #1 Age 13 or 14???
Summer Swim Team.. What an awkward age huh? My body is out of proportion, and that haircut must have been free.... I started swimming the summer after 5th grade. The first lap I did was doggie paddle, my older brother picked it up a lot quicker than I did. If my memory serves me right, my last summer of swimming was the summer before I went into high school. In which I was only a fraction of a second away from qualifying for the state swim meet in the 100 IM. I didn't swim competitively again until years later when I swam for the same summer league as an adult thinking it would be a good was to meet girls and get in shape. In that order... Unfortunately, there were no girls, and my shape was round....

Picture #2

Taken sometime while in college. Its blurry, so if you cant tell, I'm the one who's mouth and eyes aren't taped shut... This was actually one of our better "moves" most times the unfortunate drunkard would wake up with a bald spot or missing an eyebrow. By the end of the night this guy was duct taped to that couch....


Picture #3

This has nothing to do with the topic of nostalgia or triathlon, I just thought it was cute... This is Elias showing us his food is all gone... Mostly on the floor...


Picture #4

Age 21 or so... This is my Eminem/Slim Shady/WTF was I thinking phase... That was a while back but I assure you my parents were quite proud of me at the time...

Whenever someone dies everyone says, I love that guy, except for Jeffrey Dahmer. Pauly Shore

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Because we are a "military" family, everything we own is stored in a sealable box. Whenever I ask my wife for something, I am basically asking which box is it in.

Oh, nice speedo!