Sunday, December 2, 2007

Nothing really...

So... I'm up at 5am on Sunday morning, I don't know why. In the past I suffered from insomnia due to anxiety, usual stuff, changing jobs, new baby, moving out of state, selling a house, tax audit (oops)... However right now I'm content with everything for once in my life.

Only two weeks until we find out if were having a boy or a girl, I'm pumped. It's an emotional event, so much fun. From that point on were able to identify with the unborn, call him/her by name, paint the room, get clothes, fun stuff... Jonah for a boy Sadie for a girl... I wanted McLovin for a boy, and Prudence for a girl.. She wasn't having that... once again I lose... :)

Yesterday I got the Christmas lights put up Clark Griswold style, well, I did it in protest. My wife is the Christmas light Nazi, "no lights for you!!" she's out of control... Pictures to follow... Along with kilowatt per hour breakdowns... Were setting electricity consumption records this year.

I cant believe this, I forgot about the Ironman Special on NBC yesterday.. WTF... I've been all over it like a fat kid on a cupcake, reminders on outlook, emailing myself, tied a string around my finger.... damn.. will there be a repeat??? I looked, but I couldn't find anything...

Who am I kidding?? No one is reading this... more coffee...

Went to a birthday party for a 3 year old yesterday. Until I became a father, I didn't understand, didn't care, whats the point?? Got to see my college friends again, always so great to see everyone and how they have grown. In college I was always surrounded by lots of people, I lived in the fraternity house, I was active in uh.... fraternity stuff, alcohol consumption mostly, hence the ugly tattoos... I blame cheap beer and Jägermeister for my misguided adolescence... I really enjoy seeing how we all grew up and started making better decisions. I sincerely hope we can all keep in touch.

Oh, interesting news.... actually, its dumb... I presented to my wife a great idea, its dumb, she thinks, I'm dumb.. but funny to me.. I'm going to be rocking a mo-hawk at the Lonestar Triathlon. I've never had one, and I figure its an easy fix so if I don't do it now I never will... I told you, its dumb... I'll hawk-it Thursday night after work and "fix" it Sunday night when we get home.. Although it would be funny to show up to my dorky engineer work environment with a mo-hawk.... uuuhhhh Nah, I'm at least 20 years younger than the next youngest in my office, so I get no respect already, this would only compound the matter.. but it would be funny... :)

OK enough babbling.. Happy NFL Sunday... May all the games with money on them meet the spread..

More coffee!!!



The laws in this city are clearly racist. All laws are racist. The law of gravity is racist.
Marion Berry

3 comments:

Jane said...

I like Sadie. I also like Prudence. Do you have a Beatles theme going? I agree with your wife on vetoing the McLovin name...

Mohawk - will it be aero?

I will see you at the 30K in Sugarland next week!

Tarabay said...

Yeah, I could deal with Ringo for a boy... oh, how about Maurice, Gangster of Love, or Space Cowboy?? All really cool names...

Aero Mohawk?? Humm, I'll research that today, good one..

Awesome!!! I'm looking forward to it...

pinkgurugal said...

cool - mclovin #2 ! another tri baby!

mohawk?? can you color it pink in honor of my bike?

sugarland 30k? i recently fell in love and have been sleepin in on sundays. plus i'm going to a cool christmas party the prior night...i'm so out of the training loop!