Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was great! The food was great, the people were great, and the nap on a fully belly rocked!!!

I ran the Turkey Trot to justify my gluttony. Due to my knee injury I hadn't been running all that hard, I've been concentrating more on my swimming, biking and strength training. Previous to yesterday my PR had been 53:31 for a 10K, but that was in Austin and had some pretty good hills to go with it. None-the-less... I ran a 48:34... I was pumped more about the fact that I had no pain in my knee than about the new PR. Seeing that I can only focus on goals, I'll shoot for a sub 45:00 min the next race. That might be a stretch, but still doable..

Looking back on Thanksgiving pictures I found this one from last year. I was every bit of 250lbs. I was rocking the fat pants w/ the elastic in the waist band hidden by my fat belt. I was the Arab American version of Fat Bastard... Get in my belly!!!

This is me today, just as ugly only thinner, happier, and no more fat pants!!! but I'm still screaming.. Get in my belly!!!!

It's a bit chilly out today so, I'm off to the gym.. I know, I'm talking to myself because no one in there right mind would read this far. However I don't care, here's another dumb quote.

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure." - Dan Quayle

4 comments:

pinkgurugal said...

tri commune is keeping is keeping an eye on you. jane's addiction is at the commune tonight. we do read your blog so don't put anything salacious because we READ!

Jane said...

are you running any marathons in the upcoming months?

greyhound said...

Wow. That is a huge change in one year. Good for you taking charge of your life and your health. Feels great, doesn't it?

pinkgurugal said...

wait a second... are you my anti quote... my words of inspiration versus your words of humiliation?